Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another Day

Blog-

Another day in my life. Today was happily better and a little less stressful. Most everything on my mind is work related but at times it drifts upon schooling/finances and the ladies. Work was good. I went to lunch with my bosses boss to a Sushi bar and we talked. I stayed up really late last night "ideating" (ibm commercial) and came up with several ideas about how to improve many facets at work. It was really night and I gave it to him at lunch and got to know him better. Spilled some soy sauce on my favorite tie but I've never been the cleanest eater. So we talked and had a good time and it was good to see him on a personal level. He asked about me as a person and got my life story. Everything from Dallas, To Peru. To Denise to Abby. He knew a lot about me. Its just the the candid person that he is. So everything went smooth and then I had my interview for the transfer. That went by without a hitch in my mind and I really enjoyed the whole process. 2nd interview on Friday. After that I just worked hard and tried to enjoy everything with my colleagues and the people who I'm over. Planned a lot about the future of the company and the role my department plays and got ready to move around my team on Monday with the addition of a new team.

The taxing part came in my weekly one-on-one meeting with my boss. Things were nice and we talked about my team and my ideas for all of work. It really frustrated me when he told me that he sat down with his boss and talked to the hiring manager for the position that I'm debating transferring into and said that he would be a fool not to hire me and pretty much told me that the position was mine unless I completely blow it. That frustrates me! No where in my life do I ever want someone to petition for me. If I get promoted, a raise, more responsibility I want it to be because I deserve it and not because someone petitioned for me. If higher level management can't see how hard of a worker I am then I don't want them to promote me or give me a raise. The problem arises when they're always looking at the people that my manager brings up to them instead of getting to know us by himself. Its quite frustrating.

On the financial side things are going well and I'm doing more than fine for my needs right now and its nice to have some play money. School is frustrating me because I have a future in the company I work for but my major is too complex for the job. I could "dumb" down my major to communications or something like that and work just fine for the company. Instead I ride out this Psych major because I don't know if the typical corporate environment is whats best for me. I like the idea of being a teacher or owning my own business but I know I can make six figures climbing the corporate ladder. The problem with that idea is risking the ladder falling and me with it whereas if I work my own business or as a professor there is more stability in my mind.

The 3rd factor is relationships. Girls are really funny to me at school here. I'm not the dating around type. Its just not the way I was raised and I tried it once and it got me into nothing but trouble. So I debate even going out on dates because of my past experiences. Its so hard to just risk it all again. Once you've gone from love to nothing its hard because you want love so much again in your life. Yea I know its the sappy emotionalist in me but what can I say. Anywhos I wish girls would just say their intentions. Much easier...

Okay there's a party starting up at my house and I guess I should be out there instead of in my room blogging away to "How's it going to be" by third eye blind

-Salem

No comments: